These One World Centre workshops for pre-service, graduate, primary and secondary teachers relate the UN Sustainable Development Goals to the priorities, content and skills embedded in the Western Australian Curriculum. They focus on the knowledge and capabilities students need to analyse, understand and engage with pressing global issues, and introduce teachers to practical activities designed to develop students’ global competencies through participation in the SDG project.
- Find out about the UN Sustainable Development Goals and how to relate these to your teaching practice and professional development.
- Be introduced to a range of practical activities which connect the goals to themes including interdependence and connectivity, human and civil rights, sustainable development and human wellbeing, and identity and belonging.
- Discover clear links between the Sustainable Development Goals and the WA Curriculum, across learning areas and encompassing the Cross Curriculum Priorities Asia literacy, sustainability and Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander histories and cultures.
- Be introduced to the One World Centre library’s extensive collection of global education resources.
- Participate in a global movement for extraordinary change by teaching young people about the Goals and encouraging them to become the generation that transformed the world!
- include a package of globally focused teaching resource books;
- are available in a flexible format, from up to 1 hour to a full day (prices vary); and
- are aligned to the AITSL Professional Standards for Teachers including Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice and Professional Engagement.
See our Professional Learning Program for these workshops with a sustainability focus:
Early Years – Culture and Sustainability in Early Childhood.
Primary – Engaging with the UN Sustainable Development Goals; Be Empowered: Engaging schools in action with the community through global education.
Secondary – Engaging with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Bookings and enquiries: email@example.com or phone 9371 9133