The One World Centre provides a range of professional learning services for pre-service, primary and secondary teachers.
Workshops for teachers are interactive, relevant and designed to support teaching, learning and assessment for the Western Australian Curriculum.
Participants expand their own knowledge of global issues and take away practical strategies and activities they can use in the classroom to foster student awareness and global competency.
Types of workshops include:
- Embedding the Aboriginal Cross Curriculum Priority
Across All Learning Areas
- Global Citizenship Education: Citizenship education with a global focus
- Teaching well about cultures and countries beyond our own
- Education for Sustainable Development: Engaging with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
The OWC can also further tailor workshops to focus on specific topics such as bringing a global perspective to particular learning areas such as History, Science or Geography, or focusing on particular topics.
One World Centre Workshops:
- focus on how teachers can cover global themes across a range of learning areas, as well as implement the cross curriculum priorities and general capabilities;
- include a package of globally focused teaching resource books;
- introduce teachers to the OWC library’s extensive global education resource collection;
- are available in a flexible format, from 1 hour up to a full day (prices vary accordingly); and
- are aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice and Professional Engagement.
If you would like to know more, or make a workshop booking please contact one of our staff:
Or call the One World Centre on 9371 9133
To view the dates and details of upcoming OWC workshops, click here to visit the UPCOMING EVENTS page.
To access the teaching resources available online, click here to visit our RESOURCES PORTAL.
For information about teaching resources available in the One World Centre Library, click here to visit our LIBRARY.