ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING/SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING 2015
The Annual General Meeting of the One World Centre Inc. will be held at the Southcare Hall, Cnr Bickley Cres and Pether Rd, Manning
at 8 pm,
Friday, 30 October 2015
2. Minutes of previous AGM, 12 September 2014
3. Treasurer’s report and presentation of the audited financial statement of accounts (2014-2015)
4. Convenor’s report
5. Coordinator’s report
6. Appointment of members of the Management Committee and election of office bearers
7. Proposed motion to change the OWC Constitution (see below)
8. Other business
9. Questions and discussion
Further information on Item 8.
Proposed changes to the OWC Constitution: Rebecca Davies proposes that the following motion be put to the AGM:
“To amend Clauses 8. (1).(d).(iii), 10. (6).(a) and (d), and Clause 15. of the One World Centre Inc. Constitution to read as follows:
(iii) keeping its accounting records in such manner as will enable true and fair accounts of the Association to be maintained;
Notice of AGM 09 October 2015 Page 2
(a) the presentation of the financial statement of accounts;
(d) any other business of which notice in writing has been given to the secretary, not less than fourteen days prior to the meeting.
15. (Removed altogether)
Background to proposed motion:
Many Not for Profit associations, particularly smaller ones, are now opting to remove the constitutional requirement to prepare and present audited accounts at the AGM. The audit requirement is deemed to be unnecessary and expensive. Associations must already comply with sections 25 and 26 of the Associations Act in regard to providing true and fair accounts. Clause 8. of the OWC Constitution clearly outlines the associations responsibilities in terms of providing true and fair records under the Associations Act.
Removing the requirement for audit does not mean that an audit cannot be undertaken should the Management Committee or other bodies deem it necessary.
The version below shows the existing clauses marked up to show the proposed changes:
8. (1) (d) comply on behalf of the Association with sections 25 and 26 of the Act with respect to the accounting records of the Association by-
(i) keeping such accounting records as correctly record and explain the financial transactions and financial position of the Association;
(ii) keeping its accounting records in such manner as will enable true and fair accounts of the Association to be prepared from time to time;
(iii) keeping its accounting records in such a manner as will enable true and fair accounts of the Association to be conveniently and properly audited maintained ; and
(iv) submitting to members at each annual general meeting of the Association accounts of the Association showing the financial position of the Association
at the end of the immediately preceding financial year.
10. (6) the business of the Annual General Meeting shall include the following:
(a) the presentation of the audited financial statement of accounts;
(b) the report by the Management Committee of the activities of the Association in the preceding year;
(c) the election of office bearers;
(d) the appointment of an auditor; and
(e) any other business of which notice in writing has been given to the secretary, not less than fourteen days prior to the meeting.
15. (1) The Auditor shall submit a written report to the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
15. (2) The Auditor shall be a qualified accountant, being a member of an Association of Australian Accountants or of a secretarial institute.