The One World Centre (OWC) is increasing its pool of paid professional learning presenters to facilitate periodic workshops with teaching staff in schools, pre-service teachers in universities and educators in early learning centres. The Centre is also increasingly seeking to partner with groups doing community education.
OWC Professional Learning Workshops
OWC workshops aim to equip educators with the tools to foster the cross curriculum priorities and active global citizenship through their classroom work with children and young people. Workshops are interactive, relevant, and related to key aspects of the Western Australian Curriculum Outline or Early Years Learning Framework. Participants are enabled to expand their own knowledge of global issues and take away practical strategies and activities for use in the classroom. Education for global citizenship builds the vital understandings students need for a changing world – increasing knowledge of pressing global challenges, building the skills for active citizenship, and enabling students to be more culturally competent in an increasingly diverse society.
Selection Criteria for presenters:
- Teaching qualifications and experience and/or early childhood education qualifications and experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to global development issues;
- Ability to develop and implement professional learning programs which inspire teachers and pre-service teachers to incorporate global citizenship perspectives in their teaching;
- Understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum documents and/or Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and facilitate professional learning workshops using a range of facilitation and presentation techniques and apply lessons learned from participant evaluations;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and in a small team with volunteers and OWC Education Committee;
- Ability to carry out some after-hours work;
- Own transport; and
- Computer literacy.
Please send a brief statement addressing the selection criteria (up to 500 words) and Curriculum Vitae with two professional referees to OWC coordinator Lynne Butler: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Lynne on: email@example.com or 93719133
New Presenters Information Session 2016
All interested applicants will be invited to attend an in-house information session.
Why: to provide you with information about being an OWC Professional Learning Presenter and about the One World Centre and the complementary resources available in the OWC library.
When: Wednesday 17 February 2016, 4.00 -5.30 pm.
Where: One World Centre, 5 King William St, Bayswater.
To further information or to register your interest please contact Lynne on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the One World Centre please go to: http://www.oneworldcentre.org.au